Village homeowners will elect a new board on Wednesday, October 9 for the 2013-2014 term. There are eight candidates for five positions. The Meet the Candidates blog entries are posted in alphabetical order.
Candidate Jennifer Haas
1. Why are you interested in serving as a director and what goals do you want to see accomplished within your term as director?
As a new Coto de Caza homeowner, I am excited to become a part of the community in the Village. The Village is such a special place to live. It is important to preserve what makes the Village so unique keep our families safe and respect our neighbors while tackling new issues when they arise to strategically shape the future.
2. What is your background and experience? Have you served as a committee member or director for a community association?
I moved to Southern California from Seattle 11 years ago and am happy to call Coto de Caza my home. I have strong family values and a strong work ethic. I have worked in corporate for 12 years in sales for companies such as Teledyne and GE Healthcare. I have spent the last 3.5 years working for Cisco Systems managing their Partner Channel Strategy in the Pacific Southwest. I am excited to be able to have the opportunity to give back to my community.
3. Are you currently an owner in the association and if so, for how long?
I am a current homeowner in the Association and moved into The Village four months ago.
4. Have you served or are presently serving on any committee(s) for the association?
5. Other information you would like to provide?
I am a part of the Women in Technology Forum within Cisco Systems. I was also handpicked to represent Cisco as a member of the Professional Business Women of California (PBWC) Organization in Northern California this year.