Village homeowners will elect a new board on Wednesday, October 9 for the 2013-2014 term. There are eight candidates for five positions. The Meet the Candidates blog entries are posted in alphabetical order.
Candidate Karen Nyeholt-Park
1. Why are you interested in serving as a director and what goals do you want to see accomplished within your term as director?
As a member of the Canyon Country Club Estados, Palm Springs, I know how important it is to follow the Davis Sterling Act. If elected to the Village board I will continue to uphold the guidelines of the Davis Sterling Act.
2. What is your background and experience? Have you served as a committee member or director for a community association?
I have held my real estate license and insurance licenses for over 30 years. Prior to having a family I sold commercial real estate from 1980 – 1994.
2011 – Present Coto de Caza Golf and Racquet Tennis Board – Member at Large
2012 – Present: Canyon Country Club Estados – Secretary
1990 – 2000 Indian Creek Homeowners Association Board of Directors
1994 – 2000 Advocates for Language Learners (English as a second language) Board of director
3. Are you currently an owner in the association and if so, for how long?
My husband and I have been owners in the Village for over 10 years. It is and was a wonderful place to raise our three children. We feel strongly about preserving the beauty of the village.
4. Have you served or are presently serving on any committee(s) for the association?
I am currently the chairperson for the Welcome Committee for the Village Association. I have been fortunate to work alongside 5 other homeowners welcoming our new neighbors! Hope we didn’t miss anyone!
5. Other information you would like to provide?
Currently I am involved with two fundraisers. Each one is close to my heart!