Village homeowners will elect a new board on Wednesday, October 9 for the 2013-2014 term. There are eight candidates for five positions. The Meet the Candidates blog entries are posted in alphabetical order.
Candidate Ken Upton (Incumbent)
1. Why are you interested in serving as a director and what goals do you want to see accomplished within your term as director?
I have been on the Board 10 of the last 12 years. First priority keeping the dues down. $98 sounds good, making sure streets are kept in good repair.
2. What is your background and experience? Have you served as a committee member or director for a community association?
Coto De Caza Community Assn. 10 years, four years as President
3. Are you currently and owner in the association, if so how long?
4. Have you served or are presently serving on any committee(s) for the association?
5. Other information you would like to provide?
It’s important the infrastructure of the community is kept to the highest level, and that means doing the little things as well as the big projects.