Village homeowners will elect a new board on Wednesday, October 9 for the 2013-2014 term. There are eight candidates for five positions. The Meet the Candidates blog entries are posted in alphabetical order.
Candidate Mark Sieve
1. Why are you interested in serving as a director and what goals do you want to see accomplished within your term as director?
I hope to serve on the Village Board of Directors because I want to contribute to the community and help preserve the Village’s unique character. If elected to the Board I will:
- favor long-term investment in the community over expedient, short-term measures
- be guided by the belief that high-quality work, often with higher up-front costs, is ultimately less expensive than shoddy work that needs to be repeatedly maintained
- ensure that the HOA’s budget is managed responsibly, while keeping HOA dues at their current rate
- support following standard boardroom procedures to ensure fair, uniform, and transparent policies
2. What is your background and experience? Have you served as a committee member or director for a community association?
I have served for 12 years on the Board of Directors for a software company located in Lake Forest, which has provided me with experience in developing and following procedural guidelines and maintaining transparency to stakeholders.
3. Are you currently and owner in the association, if so how long?
4. Have you served or are presently serving on any committee(s) for the association?
5. Other information you would like to provide?