Silver-Bronze will hold a special meeting of its membership on Thursday, March 5. It is expected that at the conclusion of that meeting Silver-Bronze’s board will enter into a purchase and sale agreement with a new buyer for the Coto Valley Club. The Village Working Group will update the community about Silver-Bronze’s decision as soon as the information is available.
The Village Working Group would also like to take a moment to correct misinformation in a recent email sent out from a Preserve the Village email address.
- The Village Working group’s purpose is to gather information regarding the impending sale of the Coto Valley Club and share it with Village members.
- The group comprises Village residents – your neighbors – who have donated their time for the past 10 months. They have no connection to Silver-Bronze, Stonefield or any other interested party beyond opening lines of communication. To insinuate anything else is simply incorrect.
- The Village HOA board also is composed of your neighbors who volunteer their time to serve on the community.
- The Village Working Group has consistently recommended the community come together and works cooperatively and proactively with the new buyer of the club – whoever that is.
- The Village Working Group has consistently said it believes the practice of “buying votes” is a terrible idea and has said as much to Silver-Bronze and Stonefield Development.
- The survey from July 2014 was sent to every Village member by mail and an electronic version of the survey was posted to the blog. Every Village member had the opportunity to take the survey. Pre-paid return postage was included with the mailed surveys. Nearly 200 Village members opted to make their voices heard.
- The purpose of the survey was to have Village members identify the features of the Village they wanted to maintain, such as home values and aesthetics, and the elements they wanted to prevent, such as noise, light pollution and traffic. You can read the survey here.
- Lastly, the Village Working Group will continue with its charter of gathering information and sharing it with the community. When Silver-Bronze enters into a purchase and sale agreement, the Village Working Group will update the community.