Water conservation has been on the minds of many homeowners. The board is working with our landscape crew to adjust the watering schedule in common areas. Additionally, the board is considering a plan to reduce or refund HOA application fees for homeowners submitting plans to remove/reduce their lawns and/or install permeable pavers, drought tolerant landscape and the like. More to come on that next month.
- washing down sidewalks and driveways;
- watering outdoor landscapes in a manner that causes excess runoff;
- washing a motor vehicle with a hose, unless the hose is fitted with a shut-off nozzle;
- operating a fountain or decorative water feature, unless the water is part of a recirculating system; and
- irrigating turf or ornamental landscapes during and 48 hours following measurable precipitation.
For summer watering (April – October), the schedule is is 3 days per week. Even-numbered addresses should water Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday. Odd-numbered addresses should water Monday, Wednesday and Friday
- Number of Days Watering per Week: 3
- Number of Start Times: 2 during April, May, September and October, 3 during June-August
- Maximum Minutes per Start Time: 4 (except October when it’s 3)
- Total Minutes per Week: 24 in April, May and September, 36 in June-August, 18 in October
Shrubs and Trees
- Number of Days of Watering per Week: 3
- Number of Start Times: 1 during April and October, 2 during May, June, July, August and September
- Maximum minutes per Start Time: 4, except May and September when it is 3
- Total Minutes per Week: 12 in April, 18 in May, 24 in June-August, 18 in September, 12 in October