Village homeowners will elect a new board on Wednesday, October 14 for the 2015-2016 term. There are 12 candidates for five positions. Each candidate’s statement has been posted to the blog in alphabetical order by last name.
Here is Karen Nyeholt-Park’s Candidate Statement:
1. Why are you interested in serving as a director and what goals do you want to see accoumplished within your next term as director?
I have served on the board for the last two years. It has taken me that long just to learn the basics. I think that we need good communication between the board and community. As many of you witnessed I have stayed at all of the board meetings until every homeowner had their say. I feel that it is important to listen to what the homeowners first before making a decision. I would also like the CC& R’s to be revisited. I would like to see spilt terms – electing two board members for a two-year term and then the following year electing 3 board members for a two-year term.
2. What is your background and experience? Have you served as a committee member or director for a community association? If yes, please elaborate on this experience
I am a board member here in the Village and on another board in Palm Springs. I currently sell residential real estate with my daughter.
3. Are you currently an owner in this association, and if so for how long?
We have lived in the village for 15 years. Homeowners for 12 years
4. Have you served or are presently serving on any committee(s) for the association?
I have spearheaded the welcome committee with a great group of individuals over the last 3 years. We broadened the welcome committee to the Welcome/Social committee and hosted three great events- the pool/taco social in May and then the Oktoberfest in October, and the Christmas light contest in December.
I am working with the new owner of the Coto Valley Club to put a few social events on the calendar for the next year! If you are interested in helping or have any suggestions, please feel free to contact me.
5. Any other information you would like to provide
My husband and I love the Village! My goal is to preserve the current physical character, have a well-funded reserve, and maintain our current association dues.