Village homeowners will elect a new board on Wednesday, October 14 for the 2015-2016 term. There are 12 candidates for five positions. Each candidate’s statement has been posted to the blog in alphabetical order by last name.
Here is Mary Sadler’s Candidate Statement:
1. Why are you interested in serving as a director and what goats do you want to see accomplished within your term as director?
I believe that all Village residents ought to consider serving their community for at least a year or perhaps two, whenever their personal time constraints allow. I don’t feel it is fair nor prudent for a few individuals to volunteer to serve the community year after year. perhaps because no one else steps up. I will endeavor to do what I can to serve the common good of the Village and enhance its friendly, inclusive heritage as the best place to live in Coto de Caza.
My goals are to:
- To support outreach to Village residents to facilitate communication regarding important issues
- To improve and encourage community participation in HOA meetings
- To foster a new sense of transparency regarding HOA processes, decisions, rules, etc.
- To require HOA adherence to California Civil Code with reference to the Davis-Stirling Act
- To ensure valid protections are in place in our CC&Rs to safeguard the Village against future attack by outsiders attempting to subsume our Open Space for development
2. What is your background and experience? Have you served as a committee member or a director for a community association? If yes, please elaborate on this experience.
My professional work experience includes 25 years in the Exhibit Industry as a Project Manager, Account Executive, Office Manager and independent Marketing Consultant. I have worked for 5 major Orange County exhibit houses that served a multitude of businesses in the technology, medical, manufacturing, automotive and clothing industries among others.
I have served as a director on 2 Boards
- 2002-2006 served as Secretary on the Via Conejo Condominium Association (non-resident owner)
- 2007-2009 served as Secretary on the Silver-Bronze Corporation Board of Directors
3. Are you currently an owner in the association, and if so, for how long?
Yes, I am a current homeowner and have lived in the Village since 1977.
4. Have you served or are presently serving on any committee(s) for the association?
5. Any other information you would like to provide?
I love the natural beauty of Coto de Caza and the Village and wish to preserve what is left of our Open Space for future generations to enjoy. For over 20 years I have been a docent at the Starr Ranch Audubon Sanctuary adjacent to Coto de Caza, leading hikes and providing guest visitors with information on the flora, fauna and historical background on the 4000+ acre research preserve