Every year a number of ballots are thrown out because they are not filled out properly, usually due to no signature and / or an illegible address on the white return envelope. Below are step-by-step instructions we hope you find valuable. Be sure to share this information with your neighbors.
If you have lost or misplaced your ballot, notify Courtney Fisher at 949-448-6197 and she will drop off a new ballot package to you. Ballots are due on or before October 14.
1. Complete your ballot. You may cast FIVE (5) votes. The five votes may be cast for one candidate or split among candidates. Use whole numbers, not Xs or check marks. DO NOT sign your ballot.
2. Insert your ballot into the YELLOW envelope and seal it. DO NOT sign this envelope.
3. Place the sealed yellow envelope into the WHITE envelope.
4. Tear off the return address from the address sheet.
5. Fold the return address sheet in half and insert it into the return envelope with the address facing out.
5. Complete the front of the WHITE envelope. CLEARLY PRINT your name and Village address. Make sure you SIGN the front. If your address is illegible and therefore cannot be matched to the homeowner roster and / or your signature is missing, your ballot will be considered invalid.
If you are concerned about privacy issues, you may drop off your completed ballot (in the sealed envelope) at the board meeting on the night of the election, or you may insert the sealed envelope into a larger envelope and mail it to to the election company.