The Goals of the revised parking rules are to:
- Establish an easily understood method for controlling street parking,
- Reduce homeowner and association liability of having emergency vehicle access blocked by cars parked on both sides of narrow streets, and
- Reinforce that there is no street parking between hours of 12:00AM – 6:00AM.
PARKING RULES & REGULATIONS
- Homeowner driveways must be utilized as the primary location for parking
- Once all space of a homeowner’s driveway has been utilized, parking is permitted on one side of the street only, following an odd/even year parking process (for example during 2016, cars will be required to park on the even-numbered side of the street). This on-street parking is permitted only during the hours of 6:00 AM to 12:00 AM
- Parking is also permitted on the street shoulder areas of streets. Examples are the shoulder areas on Via Ortega, Via Pavo Real, and the base of Via Alondra. This off-street shoulder parking is permitted only during the hours of 6:00 AM to 12:00 AM.
- No parking is permitted on the streets, street shoulders, greenbelt or vacant lots between the hours of 12:00 AM (midnight) and 6:00 AM.
- Homeowners are responsible for communicating and facilitating the Village Parking Policy to their guests, renters, and service personnel.
- All day and overnight parking for up to 3 days in the Overflow Parking Lot located at the corner of Via Ortega and Via Coyote, subject to availability.
- Vehicles that are improperly parked in violation of the above rules may be CITED AND/OR TOWED AT THE OWNER’S EXPENSE.
The success of this policy is imperative for the safety and well-being of every homeowner, resident, guest, and service person in the Village.
Adopted April 12, 2016